Tuesday, March 24, 2009


The blanket I made her




Kamri's Broken leg



I know it has been along time since I last wrote anything. My sister in law reminded me. Here is what has been going on. You all know I coach, well two of my girls broke there arms right before season, and are out for the next 6 weeks. Then I got into a car accident the other day when we had that big snow storm.




About a month ago Kamri had fallen off a counter at Joan's fabric store. I was getting fabric to make Kamri a blanket. I had set her on the counter with my fabric, the lady that was cutting it kept yelling at me to move my fabric, so I let go of Kamri for a second to move the fabric, and she fell back on to the floor and hit her head. I ran her to the emergency room. She got a scowl fracture witch they did not catch until last night. They had said it was just a concussion.


Then Reed took the kids down to Ferron on Friday. I had a meet so I could not go until Saturday night. (FYI we came in 1st at our meet) That night Reed started with just Cohen in bed with him, and the bed against the wall. Then Kamri would not go to sleep unless he was holding her, so at two in the morning he gave up and put her in bed with him. Cohen is a wild sleeper and kept kicking her, so he put her on the other side. Well needless to say she feel out and hurt her leg. He thought she bruised it. I got there the next night, we decided lets sleep tonight and see how she is tomorrow. The next day she started to try and crawl on it, but she never would move it. I thought it was probably knocked out of socket. We decided to take her into get it checked out. Julie said "don't take her to price hospital they are terrible." So we took her all the way back to Orem. There they told us she broke her femur, and they had to transfer us to primary children's hospital. We got up there and within one hour she was getting a cast on. They did have to put her under though. After she got out it was about 12. They said she was going to have to stay over night so they could watch her because she was put under to cast her. We slept with her. The next day family services came and talked to us. They had to clear us of not beating our kids. They did x-rays of her whole body and found a fracture on her scowl. The other hospital had missed it. They had to prove that it was the same incident and not a different one. they called down to Utah valley and got there cat Scan and MRI and compared it to one they did. They confirmed it was the same incident. We got to go home at 8:30 Monday night. What a weekend from hell!

3 comments:

Angie said...

You have had a month from Hell! I hope you are scrapbooking all of this for Kamri. She is a trooper!...and so are her parents!

micah folsom photography said...

Oh my heck!! this is horrible! Poor sweet little girl! She looks like such a trooper though!

Nicki Kitchen said...

Hey Brit,
Just found your blog. sounds like you have been going through quite a lot, sorry :( glad to see your little one is doing better.

Kamri Blessing

Kamri Blessing
She was blessed by her dad Reed Seamons in Ferron Ut

Cohen and Me

Cohen and Me
warming up for gymnastics